Wired2Fish’s Mitch Anderson spent his college years chasing bass on the Upper Mississippi River Pool System with hollow body frogs. Miles upon miles of shallow cover taught him the power of covering water with a frog to locate fish, but also the importance of stealth in skinny water.
Mitch has adapted those lessons-learned to small waters often inaccessible by standard bass boats. He shows us how he approaches these areas in total stealth using his lightweight and ultra-portable Old Town Topwater 106 Kayak for some topwater kayak fishing with a commotion-causing spin-tail frog. The Booyah Toad Runner is an excellent choice for quickly combing extensive grass flats for the biggest and most active fish in the area.
Fishing tackle used:
- Old Town Topwater Series 106 Kayak
- Old Town Lure Angler Life Jacket
- Old Town Predator XL Angler Kayak
- Carlisle Canoe/Kayak Cart With Straps
- Booyah Toad Runner Frog
- KastKing Speed Demon 9.3:1 Baitcasting Reel
- KastKing Speed Demon Pro Frog Rod, KKR-SDP-1C72FR
- Plano Kayak V-Crate
- Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP GPS G2
- Seaguar 50-pound Braided Line
- Costa Del Mar REEFTON Polarized Sunglasses