You’re always experimenting as a fisherman – or at least you should be to get a leg up on the next angler and most importantly the fish. Wired2Fish staffer Kyle Peterson demonstrates this mindset and showcases a new lure concoction that outproduced all others for him during his 2017 bass season.
- Z-Man Finesse TRD
- VMC Neko Hook
- VMC Half Moon Nail Weight
- Lew’s Speed Stick Lite HM85 Spin Rod 6’10” ML Drop Shot
- Lew’s Mach II Metal Speed Spin Spinning Reel (discontinued). Replaced with Lew’s Custom Pro Speed Spin Spinning Reel
- Seaguar Smackdown Braided Line, 15-pound
- Seaguar AbrazX Fluorocarbon Line, 12-pound
Kyle combines the proven Z-Man Finesse TRD with the VMC Neko Hook in a Texas-rigged nail-weighted package that allows the compact finesse worm to rocket to the bottom and be worked through the thickest of cover snag-free. Bass in logjams, brush piles, heavy grass, and docks can be targeted with very little snagging, an excellent hooking percentage, and the bite-producing ability of a soft stick bait.