Lakes like South Carolina's Santee Cooper are chock-full of standing timber, but it's not all equally productive for bass. Savvy anglers like Davy Hite look for subtle cues such as sun exposure and wind-induced eddies when choosing areas and individual trees to target.
Hite explains how water temperature and current position bass around woody cover and why round bill crankbaits like the venerable Rapala DT6 are often a better choice than squarebills when targeting pressured late winter and early prespawn bass around wood.
- Rapala DT (Dives-To) Series Crankbait, color - Red Crawdad
- Rapala Ike's Custom Ink DT (Dives-To) Series Crankbait, color - Ike's Demon
- Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon, 14lb
- Bass Pro Shops Crankin' Stick Casting Rod, 7' MH
- Bass Pro Johnny Morris Signature Series Casting Reel, 6.4:1
- Rapala Hooded Long Sleeve Performance T-Shirt, Light Blue