Big jerkbaits like the Megabass Kanata and Ito Shiner offer up a bigger profile than standard 8-10 cm jerkbaits, and we’ve seen this excel for smallmouth and largemouth bass, and even big pike and walleye. Perhaps as important as the upsize, is the ability to cast these jerkbaits farther than others due to the increased weight. A longer cast allows you to more efficiently cover water and gives the fish additional time to follow (hunt) the lure and commit. The return of cold water in the late fall and winter make jerkbaits a top player and must-try on your favorite water.
- Megabass Kanata, color: MG Western Clown GS
- Megabass Ito Shiner, color: Kohoku Reaction
- Orochi XX Casting Rod 6’8″ Megabass MH Jerkbait Special
- Team Lew’s Custom Pro Speed Spool SLP, 6.8:1
- Lowrance HDS-12 Gen3 Fishfinder/Chartplotters
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Trolling Motor, 36V 112 lbs 52“
- Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon Line, 12lb