Major League Fishing (MLF) announced today the schedule, rules, payouts and entry dates for the 2021 Abu Garcia College Fishing season, culminating in the Abu Garcia College Fishing presented by YETI National Championship presented by Lowrance on Grand Lake in Grove, OK, as well as advancement opportunities for anglers to compete as boaters and co-anglers in the 2021 Toyota Series Championship.
- Both members of the winning team and the runner-up at the 2021 College Fishing National Championship advance to the 2021 Toyota Series Championship to compete as pros for a shot at winning as much as $235,000, including a $35,000 Phoenix MLF BIG5 Bonus.
- Both members of the third-place team at the 2021 College Fishing National Championship advance to the 2021 Toyota Series Championship as co-anglers for a shot at winning a $33,500 Phoenix 518 Pro with a 115 HP Mercury.
- Top 10 teams from each 2021 qualifying event and the top 20 teams from the 2021 Abu Garcia College Fishing Open advance to the 2022 College Fishing National Championship, where the top two teams will advance to the 2022 Toyota Series Championship.
- Top performing schools will continue to be recognized with School of the Year titles awarded to the top overall school of the season, as well as the top school from each of five conferences. Schools earn points based on their top two teams in each tournament, with School of the Year being awarded to the school with the most points in each conference and overall at the end of the season.
Abu Garcia College Fishing Open
- Tue-Wed TBA
- Mar 30-31
- Friday Table Rock: Table Rock State Park Marina
Mar 26 Branson, MO
- Friday MS River-La Crosse: W. Copeland & Clinton
Jul 30 La Crosse, WI
- Friday Lake of the Ozarks: Public Beach #2
Oct 15 Osage Beach, MO
- Friday Smith Mountain Lake: Parkway Marina
Apr 30 Huddleston, VA
- Friday Potomac River: Smallwood State Park
Jun 4 Marbury, MD
- Friday Detroit River: Elizabeth Park Marina
Aug 20 Trenton, MI
- Friday Harris Chain: Venetian Gardens - Ski Beach
Feb 12 Leesburg, FL
- Friday Lake Guntersville: Lake Guntersville State Park
Apr 23 Guntersville, AL
- Friday Lake Chickamauga: Dayton Boat Dock
Oct 22 Dayton, TN
- Friday Lake Somerville: Lake Somerville Marina
Apr 16 Brenham, TX
- Friday Lake of the Pines: Lakeside Park
Jun 11 Jefferson , TX
- Friday Lake Dardanelle: Lake Dardanelle State Park
Oct 1 Russellville, AR
- Saturday Shasta: Bridge Bay Resort
Jan 30 Redding, CA
- Saturday California Delta: Big Break Marina
May 15 Oakley, CA
- Saturday Clear Lake: Redbud Park
Sep 25 Clearlake, CA
Abu Garcia College Fishing presented by YETI National Championship presented by Lowrance
- Wed-Fri Grand Lake: Wolf Creek Park
Mar 3-5 Grove, OK
Registration for teams wishing to compete in the 2021 Abu Garcia College Fishing tournaments will be accepted beginning at 8 a.m. CT December 14, 2020, for teams from school clubs represented in the 2020 College Fishing National Championship. All other teams may register beginning December 15, 2020. Teams can register at FLWFishing.com or by calling (270) 252-1000. The entry fee remains the same for 2021 – $75 per team for teams who enter prior to onsite check-in and $100 for teams who enter onsite.
Abu Garcia College Fishing teams may compete in both conference and nonconference tournaments, giving them the flexibility to construct a schedule that meets their needs. Each conference includes three regular-season qualifying tournaments. The top 10 teams from each regular-season tournament and the top 20 teams from the Abu Garcia College Fishing Open advance to the following year's College Fishing National Championship. Additional teams qualify for the National Championship if the field size in regular-season events exceeds 100 boats or 200 boats in the Open.
The 2021 Abu Garcia College Fishing presented by YETI National Championship presented by Lowrance is on Grand Lake in Grove, Oklahoma, March 3-5, and is hosted by the Grove Convention and Tourism Bureau and the City of Grove. Held in conjunction with REDCREST, the 2021 championship will provide unique networking opportunities for college anglers, Bass Pro Tour pros and potential sponsors.
Complete rules for the 2020 Abu Garcia College Fishing program can be found online at FLWFishing.com.