Editor's note: This press release was provided by Major League Fishing.
October 31, 2019 (Tulsa, Okla.) Major League Fishing (MLF) announced today the 2020 Bass Pro Tour schedule and locations. A collection of eight Stages, the Bass Pro Tour 2020 season will begin Feb. 7 on Lake Eufaula in Eufaula, Ala. and conclude on Jul. 26 on Lake Champlain in Burlington, Vt.
- Feb. 7-12: Lake Eufaula Eufaula, Ala. | Eufaula Barbour Chamber of Commerce
- Feb. 21-26: Lake Okeechobee Okeechobee, Fla. | Okeechobee County Tourism Development Council
- Mar. 13-18: Lake Fork Emory, Texas | Lake Fork Area Chamber of Commerce
- Apr. 3-8: Jordan Lake, Falls Lake and Shearon Harris Reservoir Raleigh, N.C. | Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance
- May 15-20: Kissimmee Chain Kissimmee, Fla. | Experience Kissimmee
- Jun. 5-10: Lake Winnebago, Lake Butte des Morts and Green Lake Neenah, Wis. | Fox Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Jun. 26-Jul.1: St. Lawrence River Ogdensburg, N.Y. | St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce, City of Ogdensburg
- Jul. 21-26: Lake Champlain Burlington, Vt. | Experience Vermont
"This schedule is stocked with great fisheries and destinations," remarked Michael Mulone, Senior Director of Events of Major League Fishing. "Working with the MLF angler advisory board and these outstanding community hosts, we have built an exciting 2020 schedule that will most benefit our fans."
Each stage includes six days of competition using the Major League Fishing, catch-weigh-and-immediately-release format, where every bass over one-pound counts toward a cumulative weight total for the day. The field of 80 anglers is divided into two groups of 40 to compete on days one and two respectively for the Shotgun Round. On days three and four, the Elimination Round culls the field based on a combined 2-day total weight from each angler's Shotgun and Elimination Round. The top 20 anglers from each group in the Elimination Round (40 total) advance to the Knockout Round on day five, which determines who will compete on that final day, the Championship Round, for the Stage title and $100,000.
In addition to the economic impact on a host community, Major League Fishing showcases the region through their award-winning, live and linear programming. Each Stage of the Bass Pro Tour is broadcast live on the Major League Fishing app, MyOutdoorTV (MOTV), and majorleaguefishing.com, totaling more than 325 hours of original programming. Fans can follow the MLF format as it unfolds on the live leaderboard through "SCORETRACKER® updates." Highlights from each Stage of the 2020 Bass Pro Tour will air on Discovery Network beginning in July 2020 and Sportsman Channel in early 2021.