The sport of kayak-based angling has given rise to rapid advancements in kayak design and technology. In this video review, Wired2Fish's McKeon Roberts shares his initial experience with the Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot Kayak. The Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot Kayak integrates a 45lb thrust trolling motor to provide both battery-powered propulsion and Minn Kota's Spot-Lock to anchor your kayak digitally with the push of a button.
- Old Town Sportsman Line
- Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot 120
- Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot 136
- Storm 360 GT Coastal Largo Shad
- Shimano Stardic FL 4000 Spinning Reel
- Plano Edge Tackle Boxes
- Plano Guide Series 3700 Tackle Bag
- Frabill Magnum Bait Station 19
- Costa Del Mar Jose Sunglasses
- Old Town Casco Fiberglass Paddle
- Old Town Treble Angler Life Jacket
Factors such as wind, current, and even being pulled around by fish require kayak anglers to focus significant time and energy on boat control. Spot-Lock frees you up to focus on aspects of fishing such as rigging rods and baits, making accurate casts, precision vertical fishing, and even fighting fish with the push of a button. McKeon's "initial review" focuses on Spot-Lock while looking at other unique features that make this kayak the first for truly hands-free fishing.