New rigging systems like the drop shot and Neko rig are getting a ton of press in the bass fishing media while old-school classics like the Carolina rig receive much less. It’s a classic for a reason though, and the Carolina rig needs to be in your arsenal for its flat-out fish catching ability in a variety of situations.
Professional bass angler John Crews shares how he rigs and fishes the Carolina rig. Equipment like the proper rod, reel and line are critical to the system’s effectiveness as are selecting the right type of plastic lure. He advises on all these topics and more in this thorough walk-thru video.
- SPRO Power Swivel
- Cashion 7’3″ Medium Heavy Casting Rod
- Shimano Metanium MGL Casting Reel
- Sunline Shooter Fluorocarbon 20 lb mainline, 14 lb leader
- Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp Faceted Glass Beads
- Bullet Weights Torpedo Barrel Weights
- Gamakatsu Offset Round Bend Worm Hook
- Missile Baits Baby D Stroyer Creature Bait