Deep grasslines are a prime location to find and catch bass during the summer on into the fall months. Wired2Fish contributor Dan Quinn explains the drawing power of deep coontail beds for bass and how to methodically fish the outer edges with a Tokyo Rig and soft plastic tube.
- VMC Tokyo Rig, 4/0:
- VMC Tungsten Slider Weights, size: 1/2-ounce
- Big Bite Baits Craw Tube, color: Green Pumpkin
- Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon, 17lb
- ARK Invoker Casting Rod, 7'6"
- Storm 360 GT Coastal Largo Shad
While a conventional Texas rig works well, Quinn has switched over to using Texas-rigged plastics on a Tokyo Rig for the added range of motion and better hooking percentages. He hits on the importance of dropping waypoints on irregularities along the grassline and thoroughly fishing an area after contacting bass.