It's hard to beat a lively supersized sucker minnow suspended in the face of pike and musky during the fall months. Wired2Fish's Kyle Peterson and Ryan DeChaine enjoy a late fall day rigging big baits around prominent main lake structures loaded up with baitfish.
The key to success with big baits like this is all in the rigging; proper rigging ensures the bait remains lively, hooking percentages maximized and damage to trophy fish reduced. We walk you through our in-boat quick strike rigging method using simple tools and time-tested tricks that'll help put the odds in your favor.
- Terminator Single Strand Titanium Leader Wire, 30lb
- VMC Round Bend 3/0 Treble 1x Hooks
- VMC SSSR Stainless Steel Split Ring Size 6
- Sufix 832 Advanced Superline, 65lb
- 13 Fishing Reel Concept A3 Casting Reel
- 13 Fishing Omen Black Musky 8'7 Heavy Action Casting Rod
- Abu Garcia Veritas Winch 7'11 X-Heavy Casting Rod
- Abu Garcia Revo Toro S Casting Reel
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Trolling Motor, 36V
- YOLOtek POWERStick 53"