Wired2Fish
Breaking News
PRADCO Outdoor Brands Acquires Bandit
PRADCO Outdoor Brands, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer...
Lashlee, Arrington Win Toyota Owners Tournament
Tournament Director Chris Bowes knows who the top anglers...
Win the New HydroWave H2!
This week’s giveaway features the new HydroWave H2 unit...
Sprengel Wins National Walleye Tour Championship
In the walleye world, there is no bigger event...
Bobby Barrack on Water, Politics and Frogs
We had a chance to sit down and talk...
BOOYAH Winners Announced
Spinnerbaits and buzzbaits may not be glamorous to all...
Bill Lewis Hires Broadwell as National Sales Manager
Bill Lewis Outdoors announced recently the re-hire of Richard Broadwell...
Make Money and Save Money this Month with LEER
With a Carhartt College Bassmaster National title, and a...
Hackney Wins Elite Series Angler of the Year
Louisiana’s Greg Hackney, 41, is the 2014 Toyota Bassmaster...
Win M-Pack Structure Guard Lures
This week’s giveaway features a pack of Structure Guard...

Day one of the Rayovac FLW Series event at the James River presented by Mercury has been canceled due to high water and unsafe conditions. Conditions permitting, the event will be shortened to two days and is expected to resume at 6:30 a.m. Friday morning at Osborne Landing.

The National Weather Service declares flood stage for this portion of the James River to be at 12 feet with it currently sitting above 13 feet. When the river finally crests, it is predicted to be close to 15 feet. Adding to the dangers of the high water is the debris – both seen and unseen – that litters the river. Many anglers quickly agreed with the decision as they witnessed logs the size of most of the competitor’s boats being swept past the ramp.

“The river is actually closed 20 miles north of here because of how swift the current is,” said Rayovac FLW Series Tournament Director Ron Lappin. “FLW has always erred on the side of safety so postponing day one was in the best interest for the anglers. The river is expected to crest this afternoon and we will keep checking it throughout the day. Our plan as of now is to fish the entire field on both Friday and Saturday. Obviously, that could change depending on the river conditions but that will be decided tomorrow morning.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Advertisements